Worldwide Vision Express (M) Sdn Bhd (“Watch Out”) and/or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates and jointly controlled entities respects and is committed to the protection of your personal data and information (“Personal Data”) and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice explains how we collect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) which was gazetted and came into effect on the 15th of November 2013. Please note that Watch Out may amend this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior notice and you may refer to any such amendment on our website at http://www.bywatchout.com (“Website”).
You hereby consent to the processing of your Personal Data by Watch Out and all persons necessary for us to serve you by communicating with Watch Out or by using our Website.
1. NATURE AND SOURCE OF PERSONAL DATA
1.1 Nature of Personal Data
Personal Data means any information which relates to you and which was collected or provided to Watch Out for the purposes stated in Section 3 below. Your Personal Data may include but not limited to your name, contact details, prescription details, and financial or banking account details.
1.2 Source of Personal Data
(a) Customers or potential customers:
Watch Out collects your Personal Data directly from you and/or indirectly from your legal representatives, agents, employers when you, your legal representatives, agents and/or employers purchase or inquire about our products and services via various means, including electronically and physical hard copies at our roadshows, showcases, exhibitions or any other promotional events.
(b) The Website
When you visit the Website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
2. FAILURE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
2.1 The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary however all Personal Data requested by us from you is obligatory and failure to provide such Personal Data will:-
- result in us being unable to provide you with the notices, services and/or products requested; and
- result in us being unable to update you on our latest product, promotions and/or launches.
3. PURPOSE OF THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
3.1 The Personal Data collected from you by Watch Out will be used by us for the following purposes but not limited to:-
- to process your requested purchases or services;
- to facilitate your participation in any contests or events;
- to administer and communicate with you in relation to our services and/or events;
- for internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of our business;
- to contact you regarding products, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising,
- marketing and commercial materials which may be of interest to you;
- prevention of crime;
- our internal records management, customer relation events and activities, and customer
- loyalty reward program; and
- any subsequent commercial transactions in relation to any projects, products and/or services.
Where you have indicated your consent to receiving marketing or promotional updates from Watch Out, you may opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional material at anytime by notifying us at the contact details as provided in Section 6 below.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4.1 Personal Data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent to us disclosing your Personal Data to other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on our behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose your Personal Data to the third parties such as those listed below (the list is NOT exhaustive):-
- data entry service providers;
- storage facility providers;
- banks and financial institutions;
- professional advisors and external auditors;
- information technology (IT) service providers; and
- our appointed service providers in relation of our loyalty programmes, for the purpose of delivery gift redemption and services.
4.2 Third parties are legally tasked with processing your Personal Data in line with principles specified by Watch Out.
5. CHOICES TO LIMIT PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
5.1 The Personal Data provided to us undergoes processing as and when required or upon scheduled maintenance. The definition of processing defines it as "any operation or set of operations which is performed upon Personal Data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission,
dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction;"
5.2 You have the right to limit in part or wholly any of the processes by which your data is subjected to in terms of the operations allowed to be performed upon it, the period of time allowed or alternatively the date line of the consent given.
5.3 The responsibility for compliance rests on the shoulders of Watch Out who determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
5.4 You may at any time withdraw or amend, in full or in part, your processing consent given previously, in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable time period in person at our corporate office located at the address given in Section 6 below.
6. RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT PERSONAL DATA
6.1 You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by us (subject always to certain exemptions). We will make every endeavor to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date therefore we ask that if there are changes to your information you should notify us directly at the contact details below:-
Worldwide Vision Express (M) Sdn Bhd
No.1-2, 2nd Floor, Jalan Kajang Indah 1,
Taman Kajang Indah, Sungai Chua,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Tel : +603 8739 9178
Please direct all inquiries, feedback and/or complaints to the contact details given above as well.
8.1 In the event of any conflict between this English language Personal Data Protection Notice and its corresponding Bahasa Malaysia Personal Data Protection Notice, the terms in this English language Notice shall prevail.